Jan 14, 2007

random spontaniety of a 26 year old

today is my 26th.

at least it's not 30.

yes ladies and gentlequeers as of 8:22 am, i am officially no longer 25 years old. the big 26 is upon us. the year i was allowed to say that "i'm not a girl, not yet a woman," is over.

i am old.

or, i'm now a full grown man. everything is downhill from here.

i could be dead though, and when you're dead, it's a mess. so birthday numero 26, welcome.

and now, random spontaniety.

- new york, new york what a wonderful town. new york was absolutely spectacular. this past week was my first trip to ny and i stayed in the heart of manhattan. i had papaya hot dogs and worked my ass off; learned that next time i'm taking better footwear and more cash; h&m is the fuckin' bomb; the city, in all its messyness is beautiful; even when you get lost, you know where you are at least (get lost in new york and you'll know exactly what i mean); the men in the city are across the board with sexuality; the majority of women walk around like characters out of 'sex and the city'; cabs are nothing like they make them out to be and neither are the people.

- i am now 26. i am now 26. maybe if i keep repeating it it will make more sense.

- i'll, within a month, be in las vegas next, and then the following week be in new york. i cannot believe i have a job where i travel, enjoy my work, my industry, and my boss. CAAARAAAAZY!

- i am in the right industry. i was at the show last week and it was just amazing how it all came so easy to me. it felt right and i felt like i belonged. i have also decided after february i may be growing my hair out again.

- i am going back to healthy as soon as today is over. if anyone has great workout programs i'd love to check them out. chicken pasta and tuna until i leave for vegas.

- i have lots of photos of new york and the show. i'll post them as soon as possible.

- i may be working 2 booths on my own in las vegas. i have never been more excited. i want to show tammy how good a decision i was. honestly, when in new york, i swooped in and practically stole clients from out underneath the showroom. not that i meant to. but my natural drive and predisposition to retail made it easy.

- and finally. i think i have decided that for one full year, until my 27th bday, that i will write, on here, at least once a day. i think it's a commitment that will help me and get me to write more consistently.

we'll see what happens.

happy birthday all you cappy's out there.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Liking the new look! and who is this Maggie person?