Aug 16, 2006

8.16.06

in quiet passing

at night
alone, in thought
i rape
myself

tear myself
limb from heart
and i think

my
what a quiet passing

that young man that never grew up
that adult man that never allowed innocence
that man who simply
survives

in quiet passing
i am
the worst
i've ever been
there are things that i
like a small child
turn away from
and shun
that they'd disappear
a dream

but in daylight
nightmares
of inadequacies
of the insignificant parts of me
that become the giant adversary that in quiet passing
steals me from reality
drowns me in

violent indigo reveries
my body bruised and tender
i am my worst fear
the avatar of my own demise
i know exactly where the knife belongs
i know which scabs draw the greatest blood
the greatest pleasure
and what truly breaks me
into submissision
convulsive desolation
to a level deeper than my core

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great poem, but you know I have to say it....



wait for it....

wait for it....




Stop passing gas in the middle of the night and you'll sleep better. Maybe it's all the broccoli?
I'm just kidding.